thx,...a google search reveals that some or all of the leading edge Cancer
Clinics (e.g. UCLA, MD Anderson, Mayo, etc...) use tumeric (curcurmin) in their
arsenal of anti-cancer tools; but the protocol is more or less kept under
wraps. There are at least 3 levels of curcurmin regimens, involving a.
prevention and b. treatment.
(I'd say that there's less resarch data on the treatment aspect for Alzheimers;
as opposed to prevention.
Those levels relate to the bioavailability of the products being used, starting
from the least potent: raw curcumin extracted from tumeric (or simply lots of
tumeric); in which case one would have to take rather large amounts to have an
effect.
extract; the usage of which would go along with decreased dosages.
The most powerful, bioavailable, and effective form of curcurmin would probably
be the PHYTOSOME form.  Phytosomal processes attach phospholipid molecules to
the active ingredients, making the ingredients highly bioavailable, since the
phospholipids render the herbs more recognizable as absorbable nutrients.
The bottom line: go with Curcurmin PHYTOSOME. (one Co. which has this is
MERIVA). I don't promote supplements...just evaluate the research and take them.
http://www.thorne.com/articles/meriva.jsp