Good stuff. Two observations on awakening: Before awakening, the
self burns with the desire to awaken, every action and thought is
scrutinized with regard to its relationship to awakening. Guilt and
fear play large parts in the serious seeker's life, because every
action and thought is judged as bringing one closer, or driving one
further away, from awakening. Before awakening, analysis of states
of consciousness and 'what the teacher said' become of paramount
importance in the seeker's life.

-----I couldn't agree less.  I started awakening sitting at bars snorting coke, smoking weed, while on methadone,  getting shitfaced.  I was wearing a strand of three faced rudraksha with a one faced guru bead.  Shortly before 9/11 the devas started poking out of everything and I said, "That's it, I must have broken a blood vessel in my brain." Then they never went away again.  So instead of deciding I was crazy I decided to search the experience out on the internet, all the while going, "Why me?  I'm nothing special!  I'm just a typical dumbass in New orleans who likes to party."

I didn't have to do anything, and I mean anything to awaken.  Now I'm glad you used the word awakening because I'm anything but enlightened. Though I know what it means and will mean, if I make it there.

After awakening, everything is more easily known. Spiritual
knowledge becomes more like any other knowledge. More balanced. If
it requires too much effort to know, find out later. Compared to the
earlier state, it almost seems as if one becomes indifferent to
spiritual matters. The interest is still there, and yet finding out
is more like floating down a river vs climbing a mountain.

This is true. There's no mysteries in heaven that I can't figure out within a few moments.

But I've found that I have to put more effort into spiritual practice or I really totally go off the program, and based on what you know of me I guess you can figure out what that means.

It's different for everybody.