"Similarly, the potentially disruptive activities of millennial religious or
communal movements (which in Hagopian's framework are classed as "revolts")
also may develop in "revolutionary" or "non-revolutionary" directions,
depending upon their goals and on the context within which their protest
develops."

"When do Millennial Religious Movements become Politically Revolutionary?" -
 (Communal Studies Association vol 31,1 2011)
Lawrence Foster