Liberation Part II

I just finished a family vacation out west.  The fact that I had a cell
phone allowed me to keep in incidental touch with my company and some of
my customers.  Without the cell phone there would have been missed
opportuntites, or it might have taken the folks minding the store much
longer to sort things out.  Of course, my preference would be to be on
vacation without interruptions of this sort, but this is not an option.
So, for me having the cell phone is somewhat liberating for me.  Being
without a cell phone is very much the opposite.  At least at this stage
of things in my life.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...>
wrote:

> The word "liberation" came to mind in the last several days when I
dropped my new cell phone (forced upgrade to a touch screen) and the
display broke. Â Because of this I can't see the time (of course I
don't carry a watch), don't have the alarm that wakes me each day, and
can't see the dial pad or any of the buttons that manage the menu, etc.
 I was dropping my oldest off to college, when it flipped out of my
hand onto the new tile flooring of the hall the parent orientation was
at. Â So, I was officially unplugged...and headed to the Oregon
Coast, where it was sunny and and windy, with white sand beaches and
horses galloping in the surf down the beach. Â Right out of a movie.
So much flooding and devastation and evacuation on the east coast and so
much good weather at the beach on the west. Â Of course, I had to
stop and buy a watch with a large face so I could actually see the time.
 Two full days, unplugged, without the family.
> Â LIBERATION....liberation is all relaxation and cessation from
self-monitoring and the demands of time...I don't care what anyone
says.Â