The first episode of "Terra Nova" was formulaic, but looks watchable, mainly
due to Jason O'Mara in the lead, who was so good in the real (UK) version of
"Life On Mars." He's got a hunky Everyman quality that'll serve his part well.
Seeing Stephen Lang from "Avatar" as a good guy takes some getting used to, but
he's OK. CGI seems adequate, and the plotting, although pedestrian and
B-movie-ish, isn't too horribly embarrassing. I'll give it a few episodes...

I'm still watching "Unforgettable," mainly for the redhead factor, ignoring the
fact that other than the trick of her remembering everything that has ever
happened to her, it's a standard cop show.

I've almost given up on "New Girl," despite TM offspring Zooey Deschanel's
adorablenessitude. You can only push that so far, and after two episodes it's
already starting to wear on me.

"Alphas" doesn't really seem to be worth continuing to watch; standard "people
with abilities" stuff, a la "Heroes." David Strathairn is wasted in it.

"Boardwalk Empire" is back and more of the same, which is generally a good
thing. Same with "Nikita" and "Castle." I'll probably give "Prime Suspect" a
try; Maria Bello is no Helen Mirren, but I liked her in the last scene of the
pilot, so if she continues with that kinda toughness I'll give her a couple of
more episodes.

I'll sorta miss "Breaking Bad" when it goes dark after the next episode until
next season. I still like Gus and Jesse, although Walt is at this point too
dumb to live. I honestly don't know how they're going to find a way *to* keep
him living; I suspect there will be a line in the script for the final episode
that goes, "And then a miracle happens..."  :-)