____________________________________
 From: wr...@westernpac.org
To: wle...@aol.com
Sent: 10/1/2011 11:22:41  A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Federal pensions coming to a  head

Having trouble viewing this email? _Click here _
(http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=qc4muldab&v=001TEa7HUw8hRHSndaLngNzFrol8Y7NEKG9fvGd
Z565CTpQE_YST1L3dFvJN4oB-KC30-8z92GADKmQof_-TkWbO4guYsAo15iIJiZOKRIoJQ4=)

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=001TO4rfP8tyoZ0l4CtgCVbjhusfzCIyACOkD9-EwbbmdRHbfwauciO0fC-pfbUgG43fQJADdC4cUVeeyB
5Tz4lA31DWb2NMtx7KuyaBn4h0KjYDVxU9dDVrw==)

Dear  Patriot,

There is a looming crisis in federal  spending that has been conveniently
ignored by the mainstream media.  Federal retirement benefits have soared for
civil servants and military  personnel, but the government has not put a
single dollar in reserve to  pay for the benefits! This is one more example of
the irresponsible way  Congress spends our tax dollars.

By law, private retirement plans  are required to be pre-funded. Meanwhile
the Federal government does not  hold itself to the same standard, kicking
the metaphorical can down the  road by offering retirement benefits without
creating a retirement  account to pay the bills. Private pension plans hold
over $2.3 trillion  in stocks, bonds and other assets, and even state and
local governments  hold over $3 trillion in reserves to pay retirement benefits
as they  should.

Last year the federal government paid a record $268  billion in retirement
benefits out of general fund revenues. All total,  the unfunded liability
for federal and military retirement benefits  stands at $5.7 trillion, which
is dangerously close to the unfunded  mandate of social security which has an
expected shortfall of $6.5  trillion. By abdicating their responsibility to
assure the long term  health of our economy, Congress chooses to kick the
can down the road a  little further each year, leaving us at a point where
there is no more  road to kick down.

The problem is not the government employees  who were promised a retirement
plan when they were hired. For many,  retirement benefits were the deciding
factor between a private sector  career and choosing the security of a
government pension program. My  issue is with elected leaders who use money
that
should fund retirement  benefits for government workers on pet projects and
pork-barrel spending  instead.

It is not a matter of stripping promised retirement  benefits from retired
federal workers, just as we have no desire to take  away Social Security
benefits from those who depend on them. The answer  lies in significant
reduction of the federal government by returning to  Constitutional limits on
federal power. Power must be returned to the  states, ending the Big Brother
mentality pervasive in Washington DC. We  don’t need a Washington bureaucrat
deciding what's best for our  communities, and it's clear we also cannot afford
it.

Our  movement must stay vigilant and organized as we roar from the rooftops
 to stop the financial insanity running rampant in the halls of  government
before it is too late.

For more information about the  subject, or to make a comment, please visit
_our  blog_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=001TO4rfP8tyobl59krovyVLNabGHSLBODrJ2BKe0qmBPrICIBANC1v_G-2wcBgH9IizKLe
HttGKGexGtIRCKaI4zWLZItVg0elyfhvd42EF-uFNjxHp0TKT7I4z0Vw64YOX9g1BCAp_xE5jRng
KprpJq3DLmNs0og2tS-DWaJmx_4cVlJsBFK-zUd3-N-RVA6q) .

Sincerely,

Roger Stockton
Co-Founder, Western  Representation PAC

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=001TO4rfP8tyoa1mHAaulX1tk5GVMnWiIWqXxmpToVi912W-OrNuhPqMlsOLDL7wA6l1MKHZSTdrexU_sS
alAmhc3WJ0-bV4NbUjFaRRJRXSHMXaB8O2R5CgG5GYXyDFL4UUScoUhxUrBM=)

Donate using PayPal below

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=001TO4rfP8tyobOXK5BF9RxQ-4gqVZZCCNi7Q2cu6l0m1cPEBaJaV-2bZuLJ9SftJy4fAgyuVKkTw6STer
EaG5L8FVLqq7K04Qg2pWOAUSt5b7m4W1T2R37tNAdbcAKm1_0)

You  can also mail your contributions to:

Western Representation PAC
PO Box  50655
Sparks, NV 89435

 (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=0
01TO4rfP8tyobaXJ7_rjLVtkn7SDorVsuFBERZffqiwiFT0nip6KfVP7qk7g-L4sGKZhfs_tXI9ahfkGv
WXfANAr0I25fIxd2J9zQtjabnP401pbvZJs1Owik_6aoHMBgp)
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&et=1107910870986&s=174846&e=001TO4rfP8tyoYpZzmU5ht_d1DoyDgi
kD4am4Wteo2KarivCtZSUAu82N6e4q7aYeKJn-TtgHKHRbzpE41JBmj_c_tKAOud8R1tBr1ZRgy-
dUmAazwn4L9npB9rScXsw_jr)

Paid for by Western Representation PAC, a federal political  action
committee which is responsible for the content of this message.  Not authorized
by
any candidate or candidate's  committee.

_Forward email_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=qc4muldab&m=1103123348560&ea=wle...@aol.com&a=1107910870986)

(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=0010Kh8qjTWKI_hXKPyos5HKE6CclWcQ7VgS3X8z7OINNI=&t=001eVGqTT0CyBMtmqxMdJZoIw==&l=001FCSs65SMrsI=&llr=qc4
muldab)  (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=custom01)
<FOOTERCONTENT>
This email was sent to wle...@aol.com by _wrpac@westernpac.org_
(mailto:wr...@westernpac.org)  |
_Update Profile/Email Address_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=0010Kh8qjTWKI_hXKPyos5HKE6CclWcQ7VgS3X8z7OINNI=&t=001eVGqTT0CyBMtmqxMdJZo
Iw==&l=001FCSs65SMrsI=&llr=qc4muldab)  | Instant removal with
_SafeUnsubscribe_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=0010Kh8qjTWKI_hXKPyos5HKE6CclWcQ7VgS3X8z7OINNI=&t=001eVGqTT0CyBMtmqxMdJZoIw==&l=001FCSs65SMrsI=&llr=
qc4muldab) ™ | _Privacy  Policy_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp) .

Western  Representation | 1811 Newman Pl | Carson City | NV | 897036