From: seekliberation <seekliberat...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:24 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Greetings from Occupied Wall Street

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> The global economy is pretty far gone.  The US banks sold a bunch of
> toxic assets to a lot for foreign banks.  A lot of foreign leaders about
> now would probably secretly want to see the US nuked out of existence.
> We are the 21st century bogeyman.

the us banks don't really have much of value to offer to the rest of the world.
 We went off the gold standard a long time ago, and there is nothing 'real'
that backs the US dollar anymore.  We not only screwed ourselves in order to
maintain a lifestyle that is unsustainable, but now we're screwing the rest of
the world too.  But hey, we're Americans, we get what we want and need, because
that's how life automatically works!  right?

> They could create a bank and put all those toxic assets in it and then
> write it off.
>
> You may indeed see a total collapse but it may not result in a "Road
> Warrior" society.  Just a simpler more human and down to earth one.

I'm not sure what city you live in, but look at what happens in towns like New
Orleans or Los Angeles when the system breaks down.  The midwest will be a
rather safe place.  But most cities i've lived in will get really ugly before
they get better (if there is an actual 'total' collapse).  In fact, the midwest
is the only place in America i'd feel safe (for the most part).  You can
exclude certain parts of Texas and other remote areas where there are 'meth'
labs.

> Your mindset seems very conservative, much like a "hard liner."
> Remember the Chinese hard liners?  I equivocate hard liners with
> assholes.  If the rest of the world were like them we would still be
> living in caves.

I'm not a hardliner in terms of trying to force others to live according to my
ideals.  But I am a hardliner in terms of doing whatever I have to in order to
take care of and provide for myself without screwing other people over.  If
that makes me an asshole, then i'm an asshole.  I don't ask my parents for
money, I don't max out credit cards, I don't declare bankruptcy and force other
taxpayers to bail me out, I don't blame others for my problems, and the list
goes on of what I won't do.  Maybe being an asshole is the secret to not
screwing others over.

> Plus you sound very belligerent.  Maybe you listen to Rush too much?
> Perhaps you ought to actually trying seeking liberation rather than bondage.

What are you accusing me of being attached to?  I distinctly remember in my
last post that it makes no difference to me what direction we go in.  I can
easily survive with things the way they are.  If the system collapses, i'll
find a way to get by.  So for me, I have no reason to attach to anything, or
try to avoid anything.  You, on the other hand, seem to have a strong desire to
go in a specific direction.  That is attachment.  Liberation involves letting
go and not controlling, being able to get by regardless of external
circumstances.

Believe me, if there's an easier way, i'd love nothing more than to experience
it.  I would've been much happier in a country like Denmark.  But I wasn't born
there, so, in a true sense of what liberation means, I won't dwell on what
isn't meant to be.

Perhaps my cynacism is percieved as belligerence.  I guess being surrounded by
matierialists my whole life, I just love watching them be so frustrated and
watch the walls come crumbling down in front of them.  That's why I love the
idea of seeing the system collapse.

If you're theory that all the enlightened and intelligent people are going to
revolt, take over, and establish a Utopia....then i've got no doubt i'm
intelligent and industrious enough to be a prominent member of such a society
and i'll be more than happy.  I'll also be happy if things stay the way they
are.  I'll also be happy if I get dropped off in a 3rd world country village in
South America. I'll also be happy if many other possibilities come true....life
is bliss, remember?

seekliberation

> [...]
> > attitude that i've seen is people feel 'too good' for some of these jobs.
> > That also doesn't include people who have been fired repeatedly over the
> > years, or people who have quit perfectly good jobs because they're 'too
> > good' for those jobs.
> >
> >> And then many just feel like flipping off the world and that too is a
> >> justifiable expression given to the times.
> > yes, flip off the world, that accomplishes a lot.
> >
> >> "We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are
> >> forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality
> >> medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are
> >> working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at
> >> all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting
> >> everything. We are the 99 percent."
> > Keep in mind as you complain about how horrible and difficult your life is,
> > a garbage man or a pizza delivery man in today's world lives a more
> > luxurious life with more entertainment than the King of England or the
> > Emporor of Japan did 100 years ago.  Our quality of life here in America is
> > better than any civilization in the history of the world.  I'd rather live
> > in a trailer park in today's America than a castle in medeival times, or
> > any time in history for that matter.
> >
> > Overall, if this world and this society is kicking your ass that bad, I
> > feel bad for the hard road ahead of you.  With the exception of a few
> > countries in Europe (which I do admire, by the way), you'd have a hard time
> > in just about any country at anytime in history(excluding souls incarnated
> > in royal families).
> >
> >> Conditions like this lead to the Bolshevik revolution and the French
> >> revolution.  So.....
> >>
> >> Hey kids, what time is it?
> >> It's revolution time
> >> It's revolution time
> >> Let's take the banksters down
> >> and spread the wealth around.
> > yeah, take down the system and create a new one.
> >
> > Considering how hard it seems for some of these people just to survive in
> > this society, my perception is that these people not only couldn't organize
> > an effective revolution, they probably couldn't even build up what they
> > take down.  If a 40+ hr work week kicks their ass, starting from scratch
> > will make them suicidal.
> >
> > I, personally, could care less if the system falls apart or stays together.
> >  I will do what ever I have to.
> >
> > In a cynical way, I'd like to see the whole system collapse.  Then, all the
> > thugs and criminals will run rampant with no established government to keep
> > them in check.  It will be 'anything goes', anarchy.  That would be so
> > entertaining, I can't wait!!!  Everytime a hurricane comes around, there
> > will be noone to help, because the people who took over government already
> > can't handle a full time job, how in the world are they going to react to a
> > severe catastrophe or deal with really intense problems?

 common citizens.  If we expect it, then we're pretty stupid.