Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Dvaita Vs. Advaita - Epistimological Aspects - Which is Maharishi?
on 8/12/04 4:21 PM, Llundrub at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In dvaita religions good is seen battling evil and one must close ranks and act upon the directions of the goodly master, or one is damned.

In Advaita all that one surveys is the _expression_ of the ultimate, and therefore good in some way. As in the Aghoris, one is not bound by any code of conduct whatsoever.

Often the dvaitist is criticized by the advaitist as being too close ranked and too uptight in their narrow view of the divine.

Often the advaitist is considered fatalistic and not often doing enough to better the ranks.

In an example regarding cancer, the dvaitist will see evil to be eradicated and the advaitist will see an unending propagating genetic mutation with the possibility for extending human life if understood.

If people can accept these loose definitions I would ask which category one would think Maharishi fits into based upon their works.

Seems like a mixture of both to me. He’s not bound by codes of conduct, although he’s very rigid regarding the purity of the teaching. He works for the betterment of the world, but it could be argued that his efforts are not entirely selfless.