Atman and Brahman and others,

You are not the only one who finds Robin weird. (I do however enjoy, read and
learn from his posts though)

I have several issues with his positions

1) Reality - if I'm not mistaken he seems to thinks there is one reality
(physical, mental??) - I believe each individual creates their own reality
though unaware of it. We may share large portions of physical reality but one
reality??

2) Omnisubjectivity - that God is Omnisubjective, I don't believe in this
notion
at all. No one can be truly enter the subjective space of another, see #1, we
can only try to guess based on our subjective experience, feel and empathize.
(of course I believe we can never empathize with another, most just project
their drama on to others, the least we can do is to be just present which can
only be done by someone who has truly realized, see #4). Heck I don't even
believe in Omniscience.

3) The curious case of missing God - that he is missing from his creation - yes
kind of, I believe in the concept of one that has manifested as many, so he is
missing in a way but very much present as every one of them. In line with
Upanishads.

4) Enlightenment, Vedic Gods mystical deceit - that the state of oneness isn't
supported by reality, what reality (?? - see #1), I believe this oneness isn't
deceit, it's the end of separation and the recognition and unbroken awareness
of
one being the creator of one's own reality.

5) A Catholic God - this is too silly to even comment on.

The concept of trying to explain the creator seems stupid to me, it's like the
dream objects trying to figure out the dreamer and the agents through which the
dream is occurring. The closest we can get to is acknowledging that we are in a
dream.

OK that's the best I can do for now, however if you are going to press me too
much I'm not so sure on any of the above  :-)

All I can say for sure is that Robin may have weird opinions, but he is very
kind, charming, and intelligent, in sum a great guy and I love him.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"