curtisdeltablues wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, P Duff <pduff@...> wrote:
>
>> Sorry if what I wrote came across as negative.  I don't think your
>> request is the slightest bit ridiculous.  My point there was that bias
>> is just another belief system, and can be as blinding as any other.
>

> I really enjoyed your response and did not take it as negative in any
way, but as an invitation to think more deeply about such a test. I
couldn't agree more with your point concerning bias. We are flawed
cognitive monkeys and is sometimes amazes me that we ever get anything
right!

The monkeys, given enough time and enough typewriters, may write Hamlet.
But there's a chance that they'll not need a lot of time; they might get
it correct right out of the chute.  And, by golly, they do!  Clearly,
the monkeys are acting in accord w/ nature and thereby have its
demonstrably full support.  Break out dem crowns and robes already.

This is why it is so hard for me to accept the claim of anyone
who claims to have gotten EVERYTHING right! (Yeah, I'm calling you out
Holy Tradition.)

I dunno, the monkeys feel that they have a lock on it, and their
experience backs that feeling up.  But, mind you, the monkeys don't
think they got it right on the first attempt; they don't know that this
was one attempt of a gazillion envisioned, nothing about the bigger
picture.  Thy don't know that somebody staged this as an experiment ,
borrowed the monkeys, rented the typewriters and lab space, etc.  All
the monkeys know is that they sat quietly at the typewriters, quietly
putting their attention on typing Hamlet.  And out it came, everything
correct, just as they expected.

"Silly monkeys, You don't get the big picture at all.  You don't even
have the neurons to support a big picture.  You're just a troupe of damn
monkeys being used in an experiment, and you act like you invented air
or something.  And where did you get those robes?", asks the scientist,
sitting in a mock-up office in God's lab.

And on it goes.  Upward, downward, every which-a-way.

P Duff

--
Dirt kicked to the curb goes into the gutter.
Professionals kicked to the curb go into retail.