On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2011, at 7:40 PM, feste37 wrote:
>
> Good question. I did TM for more than 30 years, but then about 7 or 8
> years ago, I lost the desire to do it. This happened quite quickly, as I
> recall, over a period of maybe a few months. I just no longer had any
> desire to meditate, so I stopped doing it and have never gone back to it.
> Having said that, I still think it's a good technique that can dramatically
> change people's lives for the better, especially in the first year or so of
> practice, although I don't think it accomplishes all that its most ardent
> advocates claim for it, especially over the long term.
>

> Interesting how certain, once pressing needs or desires, can just
> disappear, leaving no impulse to pursue them any longer.

So why do you think people seem to get diminishing returns with decades of
doing TM/TMSP?   It's all so exciting during the first few years of TM, the
first 2 advanced techniques, the first few years of the TMSP.    I just
can't buy the argument that one's working on deeper and more extensive
stress/karma.   If that were so, every few years, at least, there's be a
lurch forward.  But this isn't.   Indeed people I know who come to IA for a
few months every year and go back home actually find their quality of life
degrading.   And yes, they pay $25-$50/EUR 25/EUR 50 to get frequent
checkings.