The essential key ingredient in the entire thesis is the Crucifixion as a
Substitionary Atonement for the sins of Mankind,...refer to the previous post
about the various sufferings of Jesus (which can be seen reenacted in the Mel
Gibson movie) with Caviezel as Jesus..
A contrarian viewpoint is that the suffering of Jesus was due to His own bad
karma, (or as a stand-in for YHVH's contributions to the murder of countless
indigenous peoples of what was the pre-modern Isrrael area of Palestine). I've
forgotten the names of these various tribes. Canaanites?...whatever.
Also, the tirades against other groups; pure genocide.
In view of such horrendous crimes, it's no wonder that Jesus as YHVH's
substitute suffered horifically. Looks to me like YHVH's own bad karma rather
than a shifting of the blame to mankind's Original and ongoing sins.
Of course, all such topics regarding karma are speculative.

http://www.museumsyndicate.com/item.php?item=6617