--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@> wrote:
>
> > But I have become much more a realist as I grow up and older. Until
> maybe 5 years ago I was a regular optimist. Now, much less optimistic,
> and not sure if that is part of getting older, or even some sort of mild
> depression, or just looking around at the situation on the planet today
> and going wtf.
>
> I think you nailed it here.  At least for me.  The kind of strange thing
> is though, I am conveying this new (or newer) found attitude to my kids.

Yes, me too.  My 25 year old notes the new attitude in me, and in his peers.
And I think he and his generation (or at least his friends) see that life
expectations for their generation are very different than ours back in the
70's.  Yep, humor helps a great deal -and so does keeping awareness on the
present moment, walking outside, some regular gratitude thinking.  My 57 year
old sister in law, who is ear to me, has a fatal illness and I am learning some
lessons from her very rapid adjustment to her situation - she got wise.

What is interesting for our subset is that we "got real" in contrast to the TM
inspired ideals and optimism of our 20's.  A big shift .  And, I am still
grateful for my TM days and my TM practice.