> > > Prof. Sawyer was expelled from the TMO for daring to
> > > explore other meditation methods.
> > >
> > From what I've read, Dana Sawyer is not a graduate of
> > M.U.M., and his name does not appear on the TMO list of
> > approved teachers or lecturers...

authfriend:
> The names of teachers who have left the TMO generally
> do not appear on such lists. (Not sure Sawyer was a
> teacher, but that's irrelevant anyway.)

Well, I would think someone has to be some sort of TMO
insider, in order to write a good report on the 'TMO'.

> > Sawyer apparently never met MMY or
> > SBS and has had no contact with Raja Ram in Fairfield.
> > He's never tried TM
>
> Rick initiated Sawyer in the early '70s. Don't know
> how long he stayed with it before he split, but TM
> apparently got him started on both his spiritual and
> professional paths.

Maybe so, but he's not claiming any TMO status now, or
in the past or even admitting he once tried TM. Maybe
Rick could clear this up. Did Dana Sawyer get expelled
from the TMO? How, exactly, does one get 'expelled'
from practicing a common form of yoga meditation?

Dana Sawyer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Sawyer