--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hell here I come but I remember many years ago, when advanced
> techniques were a mere $1000 and a good friend (initiator)came out of
> getting one and kept shaking his head and saying, "I can't believe I
> paid $1000 for that" and it ended up (he didn't tell me, someone else
> did) it was mentally singing some tune that only the initiators know
> and I marveled at how you could be charged for doing something you
> could have done anyway although who would have thought of doing
> that?!

I remember when MMY first gave this technique. Johnny Grey/Gray? was
in the crowd. MMY used earphones so he could teach the herd at once.\

Johnny was quite celestial in his airy-fairy pronouncement that it
smoothed things out.

They were taught to sing (mentally) the beginning of the puja. At this
time, it was to help "smooth" out the descent from rounding.

A friend who taught the "special" techniques said MMY wanted them to
charge for each technique. If you gave someone a smoking and an eating
technique (i.e. to cut down on both), then you did two pujas and
charged two fees. Later I was told that the technique for smoking and
for eating was the same, to put your attention in the pit of the
throat.

I never asked how much experience as a used car salesman was actually
necessary to bring that off. Not to say I didn't want to ask, but not
everyone toyed with the pretense of actually thinking these sorts of
questions were as funny as I found them.