On 12/08/2011 12:25 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>>> I saw it and was blown away by the implications.  And with the rapid
>>> acceleration of "smart" drug use on campuses it was well within the
>>> believable.  The question will be whether or not overclocking our CPU is
>>> inherently dangerous or not. So far there seems to be a bar tab for
>>> everything they have come up with.  But that limit may not last.  I'll bet
>>> just getting closer with fewer side affect will work just fine for most of
>>> us.
>>>

>> However our brains aren't really like CPUs.   They aren't even
>> computers.  AI experts exploring "artificial consciousness" say it is
>> more of a pattern matching system.  IOW, we learn things by patterns.
>> If it were like a computer we wouldn't make mistakes balancing our
>> checkbooks. ;-)
>
> Agreed.  But do you remember when geeks would overclocked their CPUs and
> sometimes it would cause problem overall?  That was why I used that analogy.
> The more I study the brain the less I know!

They still overclock just as they like to "root" their mobile devices
and think they are out of style if their mobile device is more than two
months old! :-D

It's all this "pile on" to survive over population.  As a developer I
watch these geeks asking how to do crazy things on mobile devices they
were never intended to do so they can win their rice bowl.