Judy, your post was brilliant, and I never had a doubt that your intellect is
among the sharpest here, and that's why I can say to you, I have the clear
feeling, there is some love-bombing going on here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bombing

I can understand that this is luring, especially when one has been through very
dry online discussions, with mostly men. Besides that, the whole culture in the
TM movement isn't really geared toward the heart, so I can understand, if
somebody comes, and touches you on a wholly differnt level, it is a kind of
transcending itself. Yet, it is the same effect, if you simply fall in love -
it can be as simple as that. This mingling of ideas about love, and spiritual
ideas is quite common in the spiritual field, it does happen a lot, with gurus
and their disciples, ladies - of all ages -fall in love with their male gurus,
and men fall in love with their lady Matajis. But it does not substitue
discrimination  and real discernment about the ultimate state of enlightenment.

And I know about it - yes I do know about it - only in real life, not on
internet forums. You rightly say, that it is not possible to judge an
enlightened according to his behaviour, especially not on the net, because how
would you know? Because the internet puts a layer between us, that doesn't
exist in real life. And that's exactly the point: As you are not in the
physical proximity of the other person, it is more difficult to make a
judgement, and therefore, what's the whole point of such a connection then?

It's like internet love. Somebody says he is enlightened, and you either
believe or don't believe.

I have been with real enlightened people in my life, so I have a rough idea of
how they are, what they have in common. One very striking feature is the sense
of non-attachment you get with them. They are totally different in certain
ways. The other point that I have got to know is their utter lack of need of
self-explanation, a great sense of humility and a lack of self-glorification.
They just keep their mouth shut most of the time, no small talks, nothing. No
need to defend oneself. If somebody has a need to start every thread with his
own name, praises only people who agree with him, and abuses those who don't, I
don't believe he is in any way close to enlightenment in my book. Period.

I have myself kundalini, do I need to go from house to house with that, so
what, it is not enlightenment. The Upanishad, therefore rightly and wisely
says: Those who say they know, they don't know, they who say they don't know,
they know it. I go with that.

Besides that, it is in the best interest of a yogi who has developing
experiences not to seek a big audience. Ramana Maharshi was silent for 16 years
AFTER his initial enlightenment experience. Many sadhaks are therefore directed
by their masters towards solitude, to avoid spoiling their own Sadhana.
Usually, traditionally, if you have a master, the master has to tell you to
teach, before that you shouldn't teach.

Then, if you teach, is your teaching just an attempt of emotionally involving
people with you, or to teach real wisdom? So looking at it like this, you
judge.

Anyway, if you are having, a nice experience with this, for whatever reason, I
am happy for you.