Hmm,

since there are so many TM teachers on this board, nay even 'enlightened' ones,
of what importance is it, that Vaj did TM or not? We have enough information
about TM right? There are, just to cite an example many TMers here, who will
swear that TM is the best spiritual technique, without ever trying all the
others, so judging other techniques on the basis of what one has studied
oneself, is at least not such an unusual business it seems.

I say all this without actually *knowing* Vaj's involvement or non-involvement
in TM. I never thought he was a TM teacher, and, in the past, have myself
expressed doubt about his involvement. And yet, that does not mean that all he
says is invalid, in fact I find several points -on TM - where I agree with him,
and he exhibits knowledge, obviously others are missing out. Not the type of
internal knowledge about TM, that initiators have, but knowledge about other
things, that do bring the TM experience into a certain perspective which I find
valid.

And he is actually the only one who brings in this perspective, so it is rare,
crucial. I do not join his overall judgement on TM or all things Maharishi, as
I think he is going clearly overboard here, but it is a matter of judgement,
where I see the whole thing in an overall positive light - with all criticsim,
and he chooses to see it negative - but so what?

Do not other's here adore and eulogize TM and Maharishi in an overly romantic
way, while stating simultaneausly it is the most deceptive way, the devil
invented? Or did I misread something here? How honest and serious can a person
be, making simultaneously such contradictory statements? Talking of integrity.
Just sayin'

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"