> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > My money is on the skinny, white-haired, semi-bald guy's
> > organization, not the people who denounce him constantly.
>
> Literally.

I have no money at the moment, so 'twas a rhetorical remark, period.

> There is a bottom line here that you seem to be
> missing.  Those on this forum who criticize Maharishi
> aren't asking for your money.  Maharishi is, and he
> tries his best to make you feel bad and feel guilty
> when you don't give it to him.

One tried and true way of getting money, I'll agree.

> The critics here are not "denouncing" Maharishi,
> Lawson.  You can feel the lingering love they feel
> for the man underneath their criticisms, if you aren't
> trying to blind yourself to it.  They're just waking
> up to more of who Maharishi is, and dealing with it.

They're dealing with their changing perceptions, I agree.

> Others (the True Believers) obviously prefer to keep
> ponying up the big bucks SO THAT they never have to
> deal with these other sides of who Maharishi is.

I don't count myself as True Believer OR "other." I'm merelypointing
out the contradictions in the "other" argument. There's less
inconsistency in MMY's stance then in the "other stance," IMHO.

> As a non-teacher, it just costs you less to keep
> believing in Maharishi.

When did I say, or hint that I believed in MMY?

  If you had been a teacher,
> it would have cost you thousands of dollars in the
> last few months just to still be considered part of
> the organization. Pay to be "recertified" at something
> you were certified at decades ago or be history.

Actually, many/most organizations require recertification for people
who haven't been active for a while or who haven't furthered their
education in some one for a long period. The state of Arizona
requires one to finish a Master's degree in Education within 10 years
of getting state-certified as a school teacher, as a for instance...

> It's a fascinating scene, when viewed from a distance.
> The closer it gets to Maharishi's death, the more
> disconnection from rationality is being asked of the
> True Believers in order to perpetuate their belief
> in Maharishi and cling to it.  And the more money.

To a certain extent, this is true.

> As you stated so accurately, you're money's on him.
> May it buy you what you hope it does...

Nothing venturedin quite a while. Was speaking rhetorically.