-I think they're just rascals; although ymmv. What matters is the possible
element of antisocial behavior. Ramakrishna dressed up as a woman on a number
of occasions but was famous also for uplifting (in a pure Spiritual sense),
many prostitutes of Calcutta; so his bazarre behavior could be a form of
empathy or pure "Rasa".
As for most of them however, just rascals.
"Dawn" by Evelyn De Morgan
http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/2/12160.jpg