On 01/18/2012 06:35 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> And our patient wait is...uh...justified. There was more
> snappy, Elmore Leonard-style dialog in the first five
> minutes of the first episode of the third season than
> there has been on TV as a whole since...uh...the last
> episode of the second season.
>
> Timothy Oliphant continues to be wonderful as Marshal
> Raylan Givens, as do the rest of the regular cast --
> Nick Searcy, Joelle Carter, Natalie Zea, and Walton
> Goggins. And there are a couple of new faces. Good
> villain in the first episode, too, well played by
> Desmond Harrington from "Dexter."
>
> If you haven't been following "Justified" all along,
> you could probably drop into it starting with this
> season without feeling that you've missed too much.
> But why deprive yourself? If there is any TV series
> that deserves to be seen from the beginning, it's
> this one.

Didn't get to it last night as I was finished watching the latest
episodes of Don Cheadle's show, "Calfornication" and "Lost Girl" which
is a 2010 CBC show being repackaged as a "Syfy Original" before
Justified started recording and I don't like to watch commercials so
saved it for tonight.  "Lost Girl" isn't bad and shot more like a BBC
series which I like instead of the American "head shots only your
dentist would love" style.  It may turn out to be just a little too
juvenile for my taste though.

So instead I chose to watch an Argentine horror flick on Netflix called
"Phase 7" which was very well done.  It's about a world flu epidemic
breaking out and a bunch of people in a well stocked apartment complex
trying to survive a quarantine.  Again the "not for everyone" warning as
their un-sattvic gore and violence in it.  But there are some folks here
who find such films interesting especially from other cultures.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Phase_7/70178258

Up for tomorrow night is the critically acclaimed "Bellflower" arriving
on BD after a "long wait" spell.  The filmmakers even built a special
camera for it.