I would still emphasize personal growth as the antidote for it. It seems like
you are talking about the phenomenon of BSing as a social ill that must be
combated, like gambling addiction.

If that is the case, OK, but I don't think the BSers can be stopped on their
own terms, because of what I said earlier. Barring that, if people are taken in
by what a BSer says, it just becomes a lesson for them further down the
infinite road. The third alternative is to meet the BSer head on, each and
every time, but I don't see that as all that useful - doesn't modify the BSer
behavior, and does little to change anyone else's mind.

Are they any other options?