--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:
<snip>
> I woke up this morning, not feeling particularly great (I am
> under medication on the advice of a physician). I was
> dreaming. I dreamed I was in some movement facility, which in
> my dreams always seems to resemble being in a third world
> high school.

Utterly tangential to the topic of the thread, I also have
persistent recurring dreams set in a movement facility,
specifically a residence course facility: the people in
the dream don't know each other but have all come together
to stay in the facility for a few days for some common
purpose, and the plot of the dream unfolds in that context.

But neither the setting nor the plot ever has anything
explicitly to do with TM. I assume the setting refers to a
residence course facility because residence courses are
the only life experiences I've had that fit this pattern.

The facilities are all different; they're more like hotels
or dormitories or big, grand old houses than third-world
schools. The plots are all different as well, but one
frequent element involves the many rooms in the facility,
e.g., getting lost and not being able to find my room, or
going back and forth from a room in one part of the
facility to another in a part of the facility far distant
from it.

I remember in one dream one of the CPs was Richard Nixon,
and he was, in his self-conscious, awkward, socially inept
manner, trying to flirt with me, which in the dream I
thought was hilarious. Never figured that one out (but
after I woke up I was fascinated that the dream had
captured his personality so perfectly). Most of my dreams
are so obscure I don't try to analyze them anyway.

[Barry wrote:]
> > "What if everything I knew was wrong" is not a challenging
> > question, but a liberating one. IMO the more you think you
> > know about reality and how it all works, the less you know.
> > And the less likely you are ever to experience it as
> > reality.
>
> I was replying to Judy here. I had formed a concept that she
> would find this difficult to do. I suspect this idea
> overstated her attachment to her own ideas,

You were very right about that! It's a basic assumption I
make, so to put it in the form of a "What if..." question
is meaningless. (Of course, a difficulty arises if the
premise includes itself: What if the assumption that
everything I know is wrong, is also wrong? Or, what if the
concepts "I know" and "is wrong" are themselves
meaningless? It's turtles all the way down.)