On Aug 18, 2005, at 7:48 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

> When I was on staff at Livingston Manor in 1973 a
> meditator got pregnant.  Her boyfriend, who was an
> initiator close to Maharishi, asked Maharishi about
> abortion.  Maharishi at that time said that the soul
> doesn't enter the body until 3 months after
> conception.  She went ahead with the abortion.

We knew a women who had a dozen or so abortions.

She also felt she was constantly being psychically attacked. Years
later, when I was learning the Phowa, the transference of consciousness
at death, we were told that for abortions the consciousness principle
has such an attachment--requiring everything at this early stage from
their mothers--that it does NOT leave after abortion. Consequently the
Phowa has to be performed for such women. It was then that I realized
what was happening to this women who had all the abortions--it was
probably a guilty conscience combined with these psychic energies which
were just clinging to her like lost ghosts.