In a message dated 8/18/05 6:50:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
"And As I recall the comments against the war stopped the moment
troops were committed and in action."

In fact, criticism from Republicans never stopped; it
continued throughout the war.

Sorry, as I recall there was much heated debate before an actual commitment of troops. But once the war was underway criticism toned way down. And media coverage of criticism was virtually non existent. And I do remember Delay taking heat from Republicans and Dems for one comment once the bombing began and he kept quiet after that at least until the bombing was over with. And the political rhetoric used then and now were like night and day.