Thank You Judy for this. And Emily Reyn took the Chello player not  the
"beardy" David Fray [:D] ---

<message/303208>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFcGgmWStnM
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFcGgmWStnM>

  -who acquired a reputation for Glenn Gould-like eccentricity thanks to
his repertoire of physical gestures and expressions (Seating on a high
bench not low one like Glenn Gould, his long legs tucked under the piano
and forehead almost touching the keyboard)trying`(?) to enhances his
live performances for our  Classic youngster.

Thanks Cardy to give me the opportunity to send Emily, over the wide
ocean a tiny small David Fray's Schubert performances excerpts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fM_TxZ0Tw
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fM_TxZ0Tw>

Here David Fray's Schubert performances excerpts showing his
discerning musicality beneath the flamboyant surface, his tendency to
fine down his tone to the slenderest thread of sound at the end of a
particularly toothsome passage, or to insert tiny, self-conscious pauses
as if placing a particular phrase in quotation marks, his exceptional
command of color and touch, and the way he invariably uses that range of
sound to point up musical structures and Schubert's particular
constructions of subjectivity in a meaningful way.

OTOH -One could also quibble about some of his tempi but shouldn't
compare him with Artur Schnabel [:)]

   1827, a year before his death, Franz Schubert wrote the Impromptus at
the age of thirty.

Franz loved living in the light,
And didn't want to leave the countenance

Suffering like a god, but knowing
He would come again at the right time.
It would have been wrong
To cut off disloyally his work