> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Just thought the sound of Pacifist vs Fascist sounds kind of
> > funny. Can you imagine who would win? And ruling class
> > (something like a  monarchy) Hmmm
> > reminds me of the Kennedys, America's  Royalty.
>
> Thing is that not all lefties are Pacifist. ;-)

And the Republicans in the administration don't
seem to have one intact testicle among the lot
of them.  They're good at sending other people
off to fight, but with only a couple of exceptions
(out of dozens of senior positions) NONE of them
ever served in the military themselves. Chickenhawks
the whole lot of them, with Bush the biggest
motherclucker of the lot.

The good thing about the whole Cindy Sheehan saga
is that it's pointing out the abject cowardice of
George W. Bush.  If he had just agreed to meet
with her privately, this whole thing would have been
over in a flash.  They could have had the meeting
behind closed doors, and could have put any spin
on it they wanted.

Instead, George did his usual thing and ran for
cover when faced with the possibility of being in
the same room with someone who doesn't agree with
him.  Now he's hosed, because the only way to make
her go away IS to meet with her, and on camera.
And George really, really, really doesn't do well
on camera when talking to someone who hasn't been
intimidated into sticking to the script.

For those who are interested, here's a *remarkable*
interview with George Dubya.  An Irish journalist
named Carole Coleman did nothing more sinister than
ask Bush a couple of tough questions.  He reacted
on camera by losing his cool, getting red-faced
angry, and then reacted afterwards by lodging a
formal protest with the Irish embassy and trying
to get the reporter fired from her job.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
file=/gate/archive/2004/07/01/worldviews.DTL

The video clip on that page doesn't seem to work
any more, which is a crying shame because in it
you get to see what the President of the United
States is really like.  He's a coward who, like
many cowards, turns into a bully when someone asks
him a direct, unscripted question.

Bottom line is that the man is TERRIFIED of dealing
with people who hasn't been programmed to say the
"right" things and ask the "right" questions.  He's
systematically eliminated anyone in his government who
*doesn't* abide by the script, and has intimidated
the media such that most of them follow the script
as well.

As far as I can tell intuitively, this isn't just a
political thang, it's a real phobia.  He has a near-
pyschotic inability to deal face-to-face with some-
one who isn't a Yes-man.  Cindy's fucking with this,
big-time, both in the media and by pushing his phobia
buttons.  Good for her.