Actually the US is actually exporting oil so why would I want to move to
Nigeria or Venezuela though the latter might suit my tastes in climates
and politics. ;-)

Oil being such an important resource should have never been left to
capitalist sociopaths to game and control.  As you well know they kept
the US from building good mass transit just so they could line their own
pockets.  They've run their businesses like drug dealers.