On 02/23/2012 01:19 PM, John wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros
> Anartaxius"<anartaxius@...>  wrote:
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John"<jr_esq@>  wrote:
>>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
>> the significance from that viewpoint? I spilled two Cheerios on the
>> floor. They are lying there eight inches apart. From across the room
>> they look like they are in conjunction, but to an ant between them, they
>> are far, far apart.
>>

>>> This is a good question.  I believe the planets would have different
>> perspectives and effects when on Mars.  From Mars, you would not see the
>> Moon of Earth on the horizon.  Instead, you would see and be affected by
>> the Moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos.  In addition, you would see and be
>> affected by the presence of the planet Earth.
>>
>> Current position (23 February 2012) of the planets, from a different
>> point of view. Constellation names included.
>>

>> The fuzzy spot to the right of the sun is the Large Magellanic Cloud,
>> and the bright spot below the cloud is the Tarantula Nebula. Suppose
>> someone is born at this time at this viewing location. What is their
>> future?
>

> With an alignment of planets like that, the location of the viewer must be
> outside the planet Earth.  As such, the environment must be unlike Earth and
> no humans could possibly live there.  I would venture to guess that this
> viewpoint could only be taken by a space probe.

Well, maybe no "humans" but why does sentient life have to be human or
even be composed of matter visible in our narrow visual range?   I go
with the universe behaving more like fractals and as such our species
would be replicated throughout the universe along with other intelligent
species too.  We can't be so vain to think we're that unique or even
that bright.  We seem to be just highly domesticated apes and who did
the domestication is a real mystery.  Or maybe an ape ate some matter
from an asteroid that contained DNA of an intelligent species and the
modification came from that.  I also look up on a living beings
including humans to be biological machines just following learned patterns.