On Aug 8, 2005, at 1:39 PM, cardemaister wrote:

> http://www.lama-ole-nydahl.org/
>
> Is it true that the arrival of Ole Nydahl
> to Tibet was predicted in some Buddhist
> text over 1000 years ago!!
>
> (The subtitles were in Swedish, I'm not
> sure if I got it right. Perhaps it referred
> to Western people in general, not just
> O.N.)

  This does not appear in the book that I noticed.

It is most likely a misinterpretation of the 8th cent. prophecy of
Padmasambhava mentioned at the end of the book that 'when oxen run on
wheels (cars/trains) and the iron bird flies everywhere (planes), then
the Dharma (Vajrayana/Dzogchen) will go to the land of the white men
(actually 'land of the red-face people', i.e. the Americas).

In any event, if you want to learn Phowa, Lama Ole is your man. He is
an authentic lama of the Karmapa line with great success in
transmitting this practice.