That's a good scholarly source you've unearthed there. I can well believe that
British 19th century scholars obscured the truth in their translations. And I'm
afraid that our Judeo-Christian scriptures seem crude and inadequate on this
matter. The Indians appear to have got it right and dealt with it with
compassion, understanding, and wisdom.