from his Guru, Nityananda, 1947.  The Roswell Incident also took place in that
year, month of July.  A connection?
>From Wiki:

In 1947 Muktananda went to Ganeshpuri to receive the darshan of Bhagavan
Nityananda. He received shaktipat initiation from him in the early morning of
15 August of that year. Swami Muktananda often said that his spiritual journey
didn't truly begin until he received shaktipat from the holy man Bhagavan
Nityananda. According to his description, it was a profound and sublime
experience.[2]

August 15, 1947 Nityananda stood facing me directly. He looked into my eyes
again. Watching carefully, I saw a ray of light entering me from his pupils. It
felt hot like burning fever. Its light was dazzling, like that of a
high-powered bulb. As that ray emanating from Bhagavan Nityananda's pupils
penetrated mine, I was thrilled with amazement, joy, and fear. I was beholding
its color and chanting Guru Om. It was a full unbroken beam of divine radiance.
Its color kept changing from molten gold to saffron to a shade deeper than the
blue of a shining star. I stood utterly transfixed. He sat down and said in his
aphoristic fashion, "All mantras... one. Each... from Om. Om Namah Shivaya
Om... should think, Shivo'ham, I am Shiva... Shiva-Shiva...Shivo'ham...should
be internal repetition. Internal...superior to external".[2]