Sycophancy for the sake of access vs. the Caine Mutiny,
>The Caine Mutiny is an interesting metaphor for the TMO
> > because, although we can argue that Maharishi is acting
> > from dementia now, he was the guy who tried to save us
> > from our own madness, and for some of us, succeeded.
>
> Interesting metaphor.

>In The Caine Mutiny, there sure as heck isn't any fraternization
between Queeg and his officers.

>And from what Rick and others have reported, Maharishi
doesn't brook opposing opinions either.
(ie.,Nankashor, Jerry Jarvis, or Dr. MahaPatra as they got between
good-faith TMOrg work inside and the  MMY family biz money?)
 >So access is only part of the problem.

TurquoiseB...wrote: What is offensive is that TB TMers can actually listen
to these ideas and not see (as can almost *anyone* who
lives in the real world) that the person proposing them
is completely out of touch with reality.

<What is offensive is that the TBs do this because they
wish to believe that the gentleman who is proposing
these insane, unworkable ideas once taught them some-
thing they found valuable, and they now feel that they
should believe everything he says about anything, just
because he says it.
<>
<, which is that the relative
world has the ability to prevent inner peace and enlight-
enment, and that the only real way to realize these goals
is to reshape the relative world. It's as far from the
eternal message of enlightenment as it is possible to get.>
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/68035

Doug writing: What of the culpability in the range of people who`go
along'?  The TB'ers who more than going along, are facilitating?  Like
the VC Lorde mayor and wife and others also pitching for MMY raising
so many millions of disappearing dollars for MMY? Doing the bidding or
carrying the water?  Some of the real capable people who take their
life's skillfulness and propel the projects.  People like an otherwise
honorable architect, or pr-man or some of the attorneys, accountants &
financiers inside let alone the clear front men like a Bevan and D.
Jon as principle pitchmen.   But also now the Rajas who would buy
their titles and position in a charade for 100k or more?  There is an
elixir to being in their middle with a moral certainty in it.  But, is
it transparently righteous work?  The jury of people voting with their
feet seems to be saying: it is not evidently.  Could the helmsmen
right the ship or should it be taken over from them?  Other than the
chronic mis-representing of where people's money has gone, is there
any real imperative to do anything about the ship as it founders
forth?  She once was a beautiful sailing ship.  Any better conveyance
around?  SOS?

   Gen. G.S.Patton supposedly said: "Moral courage is the most
valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men".  With a
commentary: `I cannot count the times I've seen men who should know
better than to keep quiet when unjust decisions are being made,
decisions that literally affect the lives of tens of thousands of
soldiers.  These decisions are made, not on the basis of sound
military policy, but purely to further the political and personal
ambition of officers in high command.  Cowardice on the battlefield is
disgusting enough.  Cowardice in the military planning room is
repugnant.  It ultimately means the unnecessary death, mutilation, and
disfigurement of soldiers for the sake of the commanders.  It takes
courage to stand up for what is believed to be right and just.  Most
men seem to lack such courage.  Sycophancy for the sake of career is
just as deadly as incompetence.'

JGD, -Doug

<>

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>