http://soundcloud.com/evie-jeffreys
Spellbinding.....one fell swoop  often  turns into on swell foop.
Isn't it almost the same discussion some years back on the use of period
tuning and instruments (gut strings, valveless horns,Hammerklavier.
lower concert pitch, les vibrato, etc) Now we can almost not listen to
the early music without that origional-sound.
Hope this might bring his great works into (increased) relevance,again.
..who thought the Bard's voice resembled Olivier's, Branaugh's,
Stewarts, etc. anyway

OTOH doesn't "Shakespeare's Accent" also illustrates how "literal"
interpretation of text -
see biblical texts ( about the divergence between "literal"
understanding and "contextualized" understand, see Wikpedia's entry on
"The Book of Revelation": -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation-)
  are actually more misleading than contextualized
interpretations,resulting in inferior understanding, with consequent
judgments, interpretations and frameworks-of-understanding  deeply
distorted by the dictum: "Every text without a context is a
pretext.?-seems to happen to MMY "pretext"audio-video-library "collected
" by Jerry Jarvis, already in our time [:D] now

BTW Isn't American English of area in the US States that  was first
colonized, see Pennsylvania, New Jersey or the Barrier Islands off the
Carolina's,  often a snapshot of the British accent at the time ?The
first English words spoken in Virginia were pronounced with a
17th-century London accent according to:
"Shakespearian" accent and the legend of its preservation in remote East
Coast communities.
http://podcast.history.org/2011/01/17/new-world-english/
Sorry if the pal looks like our Turquoise-abc- no pun intended [:D]

"...My salad days, / When I was green in judgment, cold in blood..."
Next week or -and tomorrow and tomorrow and..:
how Shakespeare's plays weren't written by Shakespeare (again)

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,... [:D]
Anything to" humour "our 'dear' Transatlantic friends, eh?

"Anonymous" rhythm and the sonorous tones, you know, tomorrow and
tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty FFL pace from day to day -Its
the tones right?How so very musical, and  depth of vision --just
astounding.

How about then next:Some people are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.quoted in H(B)ollywoods movies
? [:D]
Out damn spot, out I say-The lily-livered, white-livered bard lives
--or
Good night, sweet prince, sweet for the sweet ...... ...and flights of
angels sing thee to thy rest.
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=8986

..come on dude..let's go bowling..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Scholars reconstruct the pronunciation of Shakespeare with, they feel,
90%-95% accuracy. Story and some samples.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2012/03/24/149160526/shakespeares-acc\
ent-how-did-the-bard-really-sound