--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Robert Gimbel"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There was a girl who was a student at MIU by the name of Debbie
> Thomas who had done some sort of internship or something with Bly
> the previous summer -- she was into poetry -- and I think she was
> the contact that got Bly to come to MIU.

Debbie Thomas was from Hawaii and as far as I know got married and
returned there

> I remember Father Dom Thomas's visit, too.  I remember running into
> him in the hallway and stopping to say hello to him and I couldn't
> finish the one sentence I spoke to him (I think I tried to say
> something short and innoculous like "Hello, Father Dom, welcome to
> MIU".  I couldn't finish the sentence because the silence around him
> was SO powerful that it just stunned me into mumbling the last few
> words.  The words were humbled by his silence.

Fr. Dom Thomas has started the centering prayer which is similar to a
Christian version of TM. He is retired at a monastary in Snowmas Colorado.

> His friend, Father Basil Pennington came, too, at a different time.
> Didn't like him...I felt an anger and anxiety around him that made
> me feel uncomfortable.

Fr Basil Pennington was killed recently in an auto accident.