> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Did anyone hear anything resembling the following?
> >
> > MMY was once asked why with other traditions of "spiritual
> > architecture" (my term) it was okay to have a southern entrance.
> > I'm not sure whether the reference was to Feng Shui as I'm not that
> > familiar with it but the response was apparently: south is okay for
> > an entrance for that tradition because the knowledge for that
> > country/nation/culture came from the south.  I presumed that the
> > country in question was china and that the knowledge being referred
> > to was Buddhism which came to India vis a southern route (east from
> > India through Burma and Indo-China and then north to China).
> >
> > Are my recollections on this correct...anyone heard anything like
> > this?

Ok, just for fun, and momentarily disregarding any exploitive aspects
of the migrations, look at at various "immigrant" groups and their
entrance to the US, and how, as a whole, the group has fared.

Anglo-Saxon types, continental europeans entered East, via Ellis
Island or East Coast. Generally did well.

Hispanics from Mexico and South America, entering from the South have
not historically done so well.

Blacks, via forced migration, aka slavery, often entered from the
South, via Cuba and Carribean slave trading / holding centers, or via
major river ports, e.g., New Orleans and Mississippi gateway.
Historically have not done so well.

Asian immigrants entering from the West. Have done OK, better than
those entering from the South.

Multi-stop immigrants, migrating to Canada, then entering US from the
North, have done pretty well, as have long-resident Canadians.

And one of the largest current terrorist threats are terrorists
entering the US via the Southern borders, within groups of illegal
hispanic entrants.