> Endless hopelessness
> Death
> Futility
> Loneliness and Pain
> Despair and Frustration
> Darkness
> Lack of wisdom
> No free will
> Woo Myung's latet book is "Stop Living In This Land - Go to the Evrlasting
> World of Hppiness - Live There Forever."
> [my comments]  (a) statement re: free will could creat paradoxes.
> (b) Lacks any significant evidence for the claims apart from scattered
> testimonials and "Scriptures".  (b) The statement "Life There Forever" fails
> to explain where "there" is.
> (c) The Subtraction technique has been around a long time in Buddhism. No
> evidence of it's being equal to TM and (d) mental subtraction doe not imply
> Transcendence, since any number of substracted thoughts will simply leave one
> with an infinitey of other thoughts arising from a multitude of sources.
> On the positive side, lacking is religious connections and may be suitable
> for introduction into Academic circles and even among some liberal Catholics.
> Seminars being presented at MIT.

I am not familiar with this meditation, but reading something about it I would
say subtraction automatically happens in many forms of meditation, including
TM. 'Transcendence' is the experience of complete subtraction. When
'transcendence' is unfamiliar it seems to be somewere else, but it is actually
always here, so in the TM scheme, from CC on, you have life 'there' (here)
forever.

Enlightenment is basically a process of subtraction, the deconstrauction of the
conceptual world of our mind. TM is a process of subtraction; when it works,
everything is subtracted, and the nervous system is conditioned eventually to
experience the subtracted state along with thoughts. With regard to this
different meditation systems have different levels of efficiency to achieve
this, but most seem to get around to it eventually.

But each system comes along with a certain amount of intellectual baggage by
which one understands what is going on. Depending on where you are at in a
practice, this can be beneficial or a hindrance, since ultimately this baggage
has to be jettisoned for the subtraction to be complete. This does not mean you
will no longer remember the baggage, or could not use it as a tool for the
benefit of others, it just means you see through it, grasping its intended
significance, something one does not know in the beginning.

Liberation and Freedom does not mean free will the way this phrase is usually
interpreted. The universe *seems* to have change, activity, is driven somehow,
and that turbulance is freely always available; one either goes along with it
gracefully, or one goes screaming and kicking against it. Liberation means one
accepts fully the inevitable, one has become fully habituated to the
inevitable. The paradox of free will disappears if the universe is experienced
as a unity, then one perceives what it is that has 'free will', but then one is
no longer haggling about its significance or reality or nature, where it is or
who, if any, has it.