On 04/20/2012 12:53 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> You know, that group here that, following Maharishi's lead, likes to
> portray India as somehow reflecting his fantasies about how evolved and
> sattvic it is and how it's a model of what society will be like if only
> it pays for enough Maharishi brand pundits to chant all the Bad Things
> away. Well, even though there are (according to Girish, anyway) more
> hard-working pundits in India than anywhere else, the Woo Woo doesn't
> seem to have prevented Bollywood from demonstrating that *its* horror
> movie industry is even more low-vibe than America's. At least in America
> they only pretend to cut the heroine's head off.
>
> For the record, I have no affiliation with the tabloid cited at the end,
> the National Turk.  :-)
> Meenakshi Thapar Dead: Bollywood Actress Beheaded After Being Kidnapped
> By Co-Stars
>

> Bollywood actress Meenakshi Thapar reportedly has been gruesomely killed
> <http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bollywood-actress-meenakshi-thapa\
> r-killed-co-stars-article-1.1064143>   by two of her co-stars in a failed
> attempt to extort money from her family.
>
> 26-year-old Thapar
> <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/bollywood/9209133/Bollywood-act\
> ress-kidnapped-and-beheaded-by-actors.html>    was strangled and then
> beheaded after allegedly being kidnapped by two  aspiring actors that
> she met on the set of her latest film "Heroine".
>
> Amit Jaiswal, 36, and his lover Preeti Surin, reportedly decided to
> kidnap Ms. Thapar after listening to her boast about her family's
> wealth  and status in Dehra Dun, in the Himalayan foothills of northern
> India, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph
> <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/bollywood/9209133/Bollywood-act\
> ress-kidnapped-and-beheaded-by-actors.html>  .
>
> The New York Daily News quotes Indian police as saying Amit Jaiswal and
> his girlfriend Preeti Surin allegedly lured Thapar
> <http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bollywood-actress-meenakshi-thapa\
> r-killed-co-stars-article-1.1064143>    on a trip with them to the town
> of Gorakhpur. According to the report,  the pair then took Thapar
> capitve and sent threatening communications to  her mother, saying they
> would force her to make pornographic films if  their demands were not
> met.
>
> Jaiswal and Surin had demanded a 1,500,000-rupee (approximately $28,000)
> ransom from Thapar's family. The International Business Times reports
> that Thapar's mother gave the kidnappers 60,000 rupees
> <http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/330537/20120419/bollywood-actress-meena\
> kshi-thapar-beheaded-ransom-404.htm>    (just over $1,000). The pair
> evidently decided the amount was  insufficient, and reportedly killed
> Thapar by strangling her to death  and then beheading her.
>
> The Daily Caller reports that Jaiswal and Surin were subsequently
> discovered in posession of Thapar's cellphone
> [...]

So how many Bollywood horror movies have you watched? :-D

They suck.  It's like they're afraid to do much with their lore as
compared with Thai and other Asian horror filmmakers. Even the
Netherlands does better.

I don't think you've been in India but in the "land of the Ved" you are
suddenly aware that you are living "on the edge".  You don't have the
"protection" like you do in the states.  Someone could kill you there
and you wouldn't be missed.  Life is cheap in the orient.  Actually it's
a very "awakening" experience.

BTW, when Francis Coppola was making "Apocalypse Now" in the Philippines
they asked their prop people for some dummy corpses.  The prop people
brought in real dead people.