On 04/23/2012 12:39 AM, raunchydog wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> Scenes from my walk this morning with original music.  Also there are
>> some scenes of my lemon tree, camellia tree, apple blossom, roses,
>> daisies, etc.
>>
>> http://youtu.be/2Er9w3HD8zk
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
> Nice. What kind of camera and video editor did you use? Good job on the music
> too. I'm thinking about getting the new Cannon VIXIA HF M52. It's small,
> light weight and works well in low light. The Flip is fun but it has a very
> limited zoom function. With a Cannon you can see a bug's butt from 50 feet
> away.
>
> I have a Best Buy reward points that expire in June. It's weighing my
> decision to buy the camera sooner than later. Oh what the heck, I might as
> well get it, it will come in handy for a vacation I'm taking in June.

Thanks, the camera is a Canon ELPH 310 HS which is a inexpensive
point-and-shoot.  But it far better than the Aiptek 1080p camera I was
using.  The Canon does have optical telephoto and also shoots at 24
fps.  It also has far less shutter roll than the Aiptek.  The Canon also
does far better in low light which was useful at last night's birthday
bash.  The Vixia is a good choice however you'd need to put that camera
on a tripod to film a bug's butt at 50 feet. ;-)

A lot of the shots I took yesterday were zoomed in a bit and so any
shake was more noticeable.   This is just an interim casual camera.  My
last expensive camera was a Sony HD1 when it was released in 2005.  It
has a very nice Zeiss lens on it but it uses tape and way behind
compared to today's technology.  My choice for a more expensive camera
would be a DSLR probably a Canon T3i since it has a reticulating
viewfinder and you can change lenses for it.  And there is the Magic
Lantern hack that adds all kinds of pro filmmaker features to Canon DSLRs.