--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >
> > Shankara lied, so millions died, even more enslaved - by an idea,
> > only Brahman in real.
>
> Vaj in a nutshell. Unable to reach Brahman by their basic practises the
> Buddhist's hate Shankara.

Nabby, Vaj does seem to have a chip on his shoulder with regard to these
subjects and MMY, but I would not categorise Buddhists on the single sample of
Vaj. Also you do not reach Brahman by a set of practices. The practices uncover
Brahman by removing obstacles in experience, that is all.

Brahman is always there, and Brahman alone sees Brahman, this is seeing one's
true nature, which the Tibetan Buddhists call Rigpa. The sense of the
individual 'you' has to go out the window before this can happen. Since the
'you' goes, you cannot attain Brahman, its not an attainment, everyone is it
every day all the time, but in the shuffle of living it is not experienced, it
is covered over by what we think and feel.

So we do stuff like meditate to wear away our delusions bit by bit. A major
obstacle as I see it is this constant war of secretarian beliefs about this or
that 'way' to whatever the goal is conceived. These beliefs work against
finding out what is so. All our thoughts about life and the world, if treated
as hypotheses that can be shown as wrong, helps keep one from falling into the
trap along the way.

If there is such a thing as truth, this is what we are, not what we know, or
think about the idea of truth. When 'I' use the word 'we' I do not mean our
individuality and personal sense of knowledge, it is beyond words, but it is
not beyond.