> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > bars,

> > > This is pretty hilarious.  On the one hand we've got
> > > the conservative greed-is-good capitalist arguing
> > > that these business ideas are kooky and out of place
> > > in an organization that should be focusing on teach-
> > > ing meditation to as many people as possible.  On the
> > > other we've got the liberal saying that anything that
> > > brings in money is good for the movement.  Go figure.  :-)
> >
> > The above was obviously tongue in cheek, but
> > there is a question I've been wanting to ask
> > sparaig for a while.  You seem to be consistently
> > in favor of anything that "brings in money" so
> > that the organization can survive into the future.
> > Is that a correct assessment?
> >
> > My question is, "Survive as what?"
>
> Survive as whatever. THe TMO's focus right now is on raising
> capital, allegedly for the projects that MMY has stated its for.
> YOu can say he's lying, but that's an interesting claim...

And one I don't think I've ever made.  I think
he's convinced his self that what he says is true.

> ...since most men his age
> are interested in creating a legacy, and you're apparently claiming
> that his legacy will simply be "liar."

No, I don't think I've ever said, or even suggested
that.  I suspect his legacy will be "just another
guy who started out well-meaning but who got taken
out by his own ego."

I don't think *he* is lying about where the money
goes.  I suspect he's been taken in by his nephews,
into whose pockets the money all goes.

I think that Maharishi has no more clue about the
real world around him than he ever had, and doesn't
care to.  He's *never* lived in the real world, and
isn't about to start now.  Maharishi doesn't DO
self analysis; AFAIK he just assumes that every
thing he says is true.  And he's carefully surrounded
himself with people who believe the same thing, and
would never be so rude as to suggest otherwise.