--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > John Hagelin found a correlation between the 5 mahabhutas
> > > and the 5 spin types.
> >
> > Huh? The mahabhutas are the elements earth, air, fire, water and
> > the aether/akasha. Why would there be a connection between that
> > and the angular momentum of subatomic particles? It makes no
> > sense, it has no meaning. Why do they do this stuff?
>
> Possibly you aren't aware that the "five elements" stand
> for much more abstract and subtle principles?

"The three gunas manifest as 'mahat tattva' the principle of intellect.

This further manifests as aham tattva' the principle of mind, which in its turn
manifests as the five 'tanmatras' from which arise the five senses.

Then, as the process continues the five 'tanmatras' manifest into the five
elements, (the 5 Mahabhutas) which combine to constitute the entire objective
creation." MMY/Gita 6vs21 abbreviated..