--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > Bipolars and borderlines might make for exciting drama
> > > in movies, but actually having to deal with one in
> > > real life becomes quite charmless very quickly.
> >
> > True, but we're talking about movies...
>

> I thought life was a movie.
>

> Woody Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo is a funny and interesting look
> at that theme. shoudl be on most lists.

It's on mine.  Glad to hear you like it.  And
you're exactly right about the relationship
of life and the movies.

The ending of Purple Rose, plotwise, is a little
sad, up until the moment when Mia Farrow's char-
acter, with nowhere else to go, goes to the movies.
Up on screen is Fred Astaire, dancing, and life is
livable again, because no universe with Fred Astaire
in it can keep you down for long.  Jeff Daniels is
absolutely *marvelous* in that movie -- one of
Woody's best.