--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I have been told that recerts are not to worry about finding
> > Maharishi Enlightenment
> > > Centers any more (space in exisiting malls which would be
> > reconfigured). Now they are to
> > > arrange for the building of Peace Palaces.  Apparently, this
means
> > that they are to look for
> > > land that says "build to suit" and to let the developer handle
the
> > financing and building
> > > details.  I am only assuming that this means that the TMO is
> > actually and truly going to
> > > pay for this stuff, since I cannot imagine anyone, even a TB,
> > offering money for this type of
> > > venture.  I think MMY is planning on spending a good deal of
the
> > money collected over the
> > > years, wants to leave a physical legacy of big beautiful
buildings
> > to help perpetuate the
> > > teachings.
> >
> > What stuff is the TMO going to pay for?  As you say, the tmo
expects
> > the developer to finance the building costs.  Also I think
recerts are
> > still trying to sell RAM Bonds which is just another word for
> > donation.  Do you mean pay for the land?
> >
> > When it came time to put real money down for mall leases the
grand
> > plan fizzled.  I still think MMY sees the US as a place from
where
> > funds come to him, not the other way around.
>
> I didn't know that the TMO never came up with the money for the
mall leases -in that case,
> this is standard operating procedure and will have the standard
result: nothing gained and
> the loss of a few more now-disillusioned people.

...but there's always the TBers who took the recert course and were
gung-ho -- at least for a few weeks -- about going out into the
field and actually looked for mall space.  And from them the TMO
will be able to glean some more photographs for future Movement
broshures of rosy-cheeked, vacant-staring, smiling faces...