> > Time will tell. It is possible that the critics who have
> > trashed this series will be proven right, and if this
> > happens I will feel most chagrined by that.
>
> Just in case, I record here for posterity some of the media
> outlets that chose to piss on this series from on high. Should
> they be proven wrong in the eyes of the viewing public, we
> should remember their names, shown as links below:

Note the implication: TV critics who don't like a series
that becomes popular "in the eyes of the viewing public"
should be held up to scorn and contempt.

We all believe that, right?

(Two words: "Jersey Shore.")

Presumably, then, critics who *like* a TV series that
does *not* become popular "in the eyes of the viewing
public" have similarly disgraced themselves, right?

(Examples too numerous to mention.)

Bottom line: According to Barry, the quality of a TV
series is proved by how many people watch it, not by
how well done it is in the eyes of those who are
competent to evaluate its artistic merit.