Share

Message #315811

You must not realize that Kwan Shi Yin/Guan Shi Yin' is remembered with
the Chinese pigeon-Sanskrit "mantra" "namo guan shih yin pusa"
where "pusa" is just pigeon for "bodhisattva". She is
really the Chinese LGBT transgender version of the male Avalokiteshvara
Bodhisattva whose Tibetan mantra is the well-known mantra om mani padme
hung – hrih.

Apparently, Chinese Buddhists just couldn't bear to have a
sympathetic, face-losing man as a patron who shed tears at the suffering
cries of the world. Thus, they changed "him" to "her".

They apparently hoped for more mercy than possible when crying out
"Mommy!"

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@...>
wrote:

> Thank you so much Yifu.  I love Kwan Yin.  Am grateful that
She showed up when She did.