Unless, of course, said authorities are attempting to *preserve* the beloved
thing by enforcing rules that the person tacitly acknowledged were good when
they were a full-fledged participant, simply by virtue of being a full-fledged
participant.

Now, you can argue that enforcing an unwritten rule about only going to
Movement-sanctioned astrologers and gem-therapists is going a bit far, but
since just about everyone reading this apparently agrees that a substantial
reason why these sanctioned people/organizations exist in the first place is to
serve as a fundraiser for the TMO and associated projects (in the case of MAPI,
it is written into it's charter, IIRC!), it shouldn't surprise anyone that such
rules, formal or informal, exist and that Current Believers™ try to enforce
them.

So...

even quasi-believers, at least when living in Fairfield, IA,
national/international HQ of the TM organization, should not be surprised when
people try to convince them to follow the guidelines, and it seems silly to
object to people trying to get you to follow guidelines overtly designed to
keep the Beloved Thing going, if you are STILL going to participate in some way
with others in using the Beloved Thing.

You can object all you want, but given the nature of the givens, it seems a
silly thing to complain about: wanna continue to use our private facilities?
Continue to abide, at least in public, with the guidelines that are set up
concerning use of our private facilities.

If you think something illegal, immoral or unethical is going on, take it to
the proper civil/legal authorities.