Here's my favorite story about so called scientific objectivity.  In which I do
not believe.  Just as I do not believe in journalistic objectivity.

A study on Maharishi Effect published in Journal of Conflict Resolution.
Published in same issue was an open letter from one of the peer reviewers.
From University of West Virginia, I think.

He said that if the Maharishi Effect could be upheld by scientific method, then
we need to rethink that method seriously.

I'd say that his world view was completely shaken.  End of objectivity.

________________________________
 From: authfriend <jst...@panix.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:57 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Interesting finding on when scientific studies are
considered "fake"

> I found this fascinating, not just because of the issue that the author
> brings up about studies related to drugs and health supplements, but
> about the finding's relationship to the many studies on TM. After a
> lawsuit was brought by the Federal Trade Commission against the
> manufacturers of a health drink that used its "over 100 scientific
> studies, 70 of them published in peer-reviewed journals" as a selling
> point in its ads, a judge ruled that these studies did not provide
> enough evidence to back up the company's claims. If the criterion he
> based his decision on were applied to "TM science," almost all of it
> would be considered similarly lacking in evidence.

The claim actually made in the article is that virtually
all studies on drugs would be considered similarly lacking
in evidence if the criterion on which the judge based his
decision were applied to them.

This article was published in Blue Heron Health News:

http://blueheronhealthnews.com/site/2012/07/03/fake-health-studies-to-approve-drugs/

http://tinyurl.com/bs6vc6b

Barry "forgot" to provide the link, possibly because Blue
Heron Health News is funded by the sale of its natural
health remedy guides.

> I've snipped one short digression in the article below,
> because the original author went off on a tangent about
> his own favorite cures for erectile dysfunction.

Here's what Barry snipped:

"If you want an all-natural method to overcome erectile dysfunction that really
works without drugs, check out our erectile dysfunction exercises. They've
helped hundreds of men without causing any side effects. Learn more here…"

This is what Blue Heron Health News sells for $49. Here's
a link to the erectile dysfunction program's page:

http://blueheronhealthnews.com/site/2011/01/16/erectile-problems-guide/

http://tinyurl.com/8wwwejw

The "Fake Health Studies" article, at least under this
title, appears nowhere but Blue Heron Health News and the
naturalsolutionsradio.com site (which also supports
itself by selling natural remedies and books about them).

One has to wonder what Barry was searching for that led
him to the Blue Heron site...

Highlighting is mine.
> Fake Health Studies To Approve DrugsYou may have noticed quite
> aggressive advertising campaigns for the last few years for a drink
> called POM Wonderful.
> POM makes several types of juices and their flagship is the pure
> pomegranate juice. What is the difference between POM's advertising
> and  their juice and soft drink competitors?  The clear statements
> about the  curing power of POM.
<snip>