Actually quite a beautiful post, Barry. I think I finally get it. And all that
you say here, I believe to be true. There is something almost thrilling about
reading the words of someone who risks everything to get at the truth, making
themselves so utterly vulnerable to the  consequences of that truth. You are
able to bear more reality than the rest of us, Barry. But the signature of your
love and humility, it is always there for those of us able to see your
determination to get yourself into a state of grace.

I feel ashamed at how unserious and cavalier I am in comparison to you--not
that I am conscious of my moral carelessness; but you, Barry, you are always so
faithful to your conscience--I envy your willingness to take the chances you do
in everything you write, because it always teaches me how I want to be when I
face my Creator at death.

No one who follows you in what you say in this post can help but conclude: Ah,
Barry has made it possible for us to see how he arrived at his judgment about
this issue--and by God, how I would want to have the sensation of having been
this truthful, this sincere, this just.

The two objects of this magnificent indictment, they should not even show
themselves around FFL again--and I for one, hope that they don't.

Barry, you are the veritable ding an sich.