Oh no Judy,  I really like Dr. Mercola.  Why do you think it's bad to be
against vaccines?

________________________________
 From: authfriend <jst...@panix.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:53 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Followup articles on the sorry state of "science"

> For those who "got" the gist of the post I made the other day
> about the POM Wonderful lawsuit and what it implied about the
> state of science (most drug "studies" being paid for by the
> people who will profit from positive results being reported by
> the researchers), here are a few links to show that I was far
> from alone in being concerned.

I doubt anybody thought you were alone in being concerned,
Barry. It's a pretty well-known problem.

What was so amusing about your post was that it came from
a Web site with a serious financial interest in promoting
distrust of the drug companies--and you never noticed that
it had the same problem of bias it was inveighing against,
only in reverse. The site is in the business of selling
"natural" remedies and health guides.

Or maybe you did notice, and that was why you didn't
provide a link to the article. You most definitely
mischaracterized the paragraph you snipped, too.

If anybody missed it, here's my post quoting Barry's
mischaracterization *and* the part he snipped. It's
pretty revealing:

It's no wonder you didn't want readers to look at the
original article.

The articles you cited in this post are likely to be
more reliable--except the one from Mercola's site:

> Just How Scientific is "Science-Based Medicine" Really?
> Nearly 90 Percent of Cancer Studies Cannot be Replicated
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/12/drug-companies-on-scientific-fraud.aspx

Mercola happens to be a borderline quack. One should
have a salt shaker handy when reading anything on his
site and do a lot of checking with more reliable sources.
(He's an anti-vaxer, just for one appalling thing.)